Sunday 19 April 2015

Mini Spring Decor Haul

Hej!


I mentioned in my Spring Decor post that I generally pick up decorative items on sale at the end or towards the end of a season so I thought I'd show you what I managed to grab this year.  I always find the best seasonal items in America where there are so many wonderful shops piled high with beautiful decorations at reasonable prices.  With no trip to America this spring I wasn't expecting to find anything of interest here in the UK.  I did however manage to pick up a couple of cute things on sale in John Lewis.



 
The best spring/Easter items I have found in the UK over the
years have all come from John Lewis.  Every year they stock a relatively small but sweet selection of springtime decorations.  Just after the Easter weekend I took a quick look at their website to see if it was worth venturing into the store and the item that caught my eye was this garland of felt carrots on the left!  So into the shop I went!  The full price was £8 and they were marked down to £4.  I have to say that I don't think they look that great stuffed in the box but hanging on display they are adorable!  I also took the bundle of shredded paper on the right which I thought would be useful for perhaps building little nests or some other craft project next year. 
 
 
I couldn't walk away from the bundle of these carrots! They weren't the best reduction at £2.25 each but I loved them so much they had to come home with me!  They were each stuffed with mini chocolate eggs (which obviously had to be eaten immediately!) and can be hung on their own as shown below.  I have a few ideas for how I can use them which is great as I can change it each year to make my display look different.
 
 
So there you have it, that is all I managed to add to my collection this year!  I'll now pack them away until next spring and you'll have to check back to see what I do with everything!

 

Hej då! Libby

 

 
 
     

No comments:

Post a Comment